Custody FAQs

How do I get an order for custody?

How do I change an existing order for custody?

Do I need to have an attorney to get custody?

Is there any way the court can assist us in reaching an agreement on custody?

After a motion for custody has been filed, and we cannot reach our own agreement, what does the Friend of the Court have to do?

Do I have the right to receive a copy of the Friend of the Court report and recommendation on custody?

What will happen if I have an order for custody and the other parent does not return the child to me as stated in the court order?

Does the Friend of the Court have a responsibility to investigate alleged abuse and/or neglect of a child?