Parenting Time FAQs

What if my court order does not address parenting time?

My parenting time order states I have "reasonable rights of parenting time".  What does this mean?

What does abutting parenting time mean?

Even if we have a specific schedule outlined in the court order, can we make our own verbal/written agreement to change the parenting time?

Does the other party still get summer parenting time even if he/she did not submit requested dates per the date stated in the court order?

I have a specific parenting time schedule that I need to change. What can I do?

If the parent exercising  parenting time is not making regular child support payments, do I have to allow parenting time?

The other party is not following the parenting time order (i.e., the children are not ready for parenting time or the children are picked up and/or returned late). What can I do?

Clothing is not sent for or returned from parenting time. Is there anything the Friend of the Court can do?

Do I have to let my children go for parenting time if it appears that the parent exercising parenting time has been drinking or using drugs?

I am concerned about the other parent discussing changes in the court order with the children. What can the Friend of the Court do?

The Friend of the Court has refused to enforce my parenting time order. What can I do?

Does the Friend of the Court have a responsibility to investigate alleged abuse and/or neglect of a child?

What if there has been a lapse in parenting time?

I have a parenting time order, and my child does not want to follow the parenting time order. What can I do?

For birthday parenting time, are all of the children expected to go?

Where can I learn about parenting time and different parenting time schedules?